Saturday, November 12, 2011

One Of Us

After the introductory post it would be more than normal and even auspicious to write on a topic I feel very strongly about.
"Does God exist?"

Its a topic everyone discusses about.. Very usual and cliche but we all have separate notions about it.. It always leads us to something which can't be explained or defined.. And yet we fight in the name of religion.. I don't believe that we can divide Him in various religions.. I'm not atheist but I don't believe in idol worship though places of worship intrigue me, no idea why..
I'd rather call myself an "alltheist" coz I believe in everything. I think there is something which is beyond explanation which resides everywhere and not in temples. Mandir bhagwan ka ghar nahi hai. It's just an excuse for people to reconnect to themselves in peace which can be done anywhere if you're actually willing to..
So if He is with us all the time then why do we build structures and images? Why not just feel the energy present within us? Everyone has had unusual experiences which cannot be counted as coincidences.. So what is it out there watching over us? Some kind of an energy, something creepy, or some figure carved out in marble?

"What if God was one of us?
Just a slob like one of us,
Just a stranger on the bus,
Trying to make his way home.."

Joan Osborne - One of us

So what I want to ask is, "What would you ask if you had just one question?"
Let me know.. :)

2 comments: